Recycled Fashion Show

Featuring local consignment/thrift store items and/or items locally made from repurposed/reused materials. Would benefit local shops and/or local clothing designers, encourage consumers to buy "second hand", and raise awareness, and possibly funds, for SCOCO. Just a thought of something fun we could do!

You need to be a member of SCOCO Network to add comments!

Join SCOCO Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK, I spoke with Jim and Kathy Ocean over the weekend re: the fashion show. Their opinion is that "Trashy Fashion Show" is the best title - they feel that it would help them market both the fashion show and the Oktoberfest event. They'd like us to use this as the title. Please make that change in the draft letter.

I walked them through our plan for voting at the booth, presenting "winners" on-stage through the day by category, etc. They're on board with all of this. They reminded me/us that they'd like to see a "promenade" of participants and winners after each on-stage segment. So far, AOK!
  • heres my find for the day
    http://www.catwalkbrentwood.com/contests.html
  • I am available either date

Anne Baker said:
    I think it would be ok after the awards committee meeting, or next Tuesday or Thursday instead of Wednesday. What do people think?

Tina King Neuhausel said:
    Anne, Great job on the letter. I put it on letterhead -- attached here.

Wednesday the 16th there are three sustainability related functions already: Green Screen movie night, Sustainable Danville Area, and GreenFest Wine and Cheese mixer. How about meeting on Wednesday the 23rd or even better would be after the Awards Committee at 7pm on the 22nd.
  • Excellent draft. I'll review and comment a bit later in the day.
  • I think it would be ok after the awards committee meeting, or next Tuesday or Thursday instead of Wednesday. What do people think?

Tina King Neuhausel said:
    Anne, Great job on the letter. I put it on letterhead -- attached here.

Wednesday the 16th there are three sustainability related functions already: Green Screen movie night, Sustainable Danville Area, and GreenFest Wine and Cheese mixer. How about meeting on Wednesday the 23rd or even better would be after the Awards Committee at 7pm on the 22nd.
  • Anne, Great job on the letter. I put it on letterhead -- attached here.

Recycled Fashion Show sponsorletter.doc

• damn your good. your hired. lol

Anne Baker said:
    I've created a draft sponsorship letter, and an outline combining mine and RC's notes. I'd very much appreciate your input :)
    Are we on for meeting Wed. June 16 at 5:30?
  • I've created a draft sponsorship letter, and an outline combining mine and RC's notes. I'd very much appreciate your input :)
    Are we on for meeting Wed. June 16 at 5:30?

sponsor letter.doc

fashion show outline.doc

• R.C., thanks so much for posting these notes. I'm gonna get a start on things today with contacting some potential sponsors, and combining/refining our notes. I hope we can meet again next Wednesday (not this week but next). I'll be in touch :)

R.C Ferris said:
    here are my quickly typed random notes lol

Anne Baker said:
    This evening RC, Mark and I met to discuss the details of the recycled fashion show, which will be held at Oktoberfest in Concord. Likely we will meet again in 2 weeks. Attached are my notes; please check it out and comment :)
  • Looks like a good plan. I will encourage awards committee to ask around for prizes in addition to awards auction/raffle items.
This reply was deleted.