Sustainable Contra Costa Volunteer Position
Position Title: Business Outreach Specialist
Objective: The Business Outreach Specialist serves as the first point of contact to businesses for the East Bay Energy Watch (EBEW) Program. Through their partnership with local governments, Sustainable Contra Costa aims to expand participation of Contra Costa businesses. The EBEW program offers customized services to small and medium-sized businesses that save energy and money. The Business Outreach Specialist plays the crucial role of informing and generating the business community’s interest in the EBEW Program.
- Approaches businesses to present the EBEW Program and benefits
- Encourages businesses to register for a free energy audit through the EBEW program
- Introduces program at business association meetings and events
- Tracks status of each business contacted
- Prepares follow-up correspondences as needed
- Coordinates with EBEW team when business decides to proceed in next steps
- Other duties as assigned
- Great organization skills
- Basic knowledge of computer and data entry
- Interest in energy efficiency
- Comfortable with a variety of face-to-face interaction
- Positive attitude
Time Commitment: approximately 2 – 8 hours per week throughout 2016
Location: Throughout Contra Costa County. Volunteers will be assigned to areas convenient for them.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. This volunteer position provides the opportunity to connect with the players in the local sustainability and energy fields. You'll inspire action and work with fun people to help create a more sustainable world.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. Please send a letter of interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.