Make Your Home Healthy, Safe, and Comfortable
With Up To $10,000 in Home Upgrade Rebates
Did You Know?
- Over 30% of homes have a very inefficient heating and cooling system, with un-insulated and leaky ducting
- Holes in our homes from conventional construction methods, both near the floor and at the ceiling, lead to loss of heat/cooling, uncomfortable and unhealthy air quality, as well as discomfort and musty smells
- Attic insulation was often poorly installed and less effective
- The Building Performance Institute has developed a procedure to pinpoint these items and determine the cost/benefit of correcting them
- The most important step is “air sealing”. This greatly reduces the exfiltration of heated or cooled air, therefore a loss of energy
Currently, your home may be eligible for up to $10,000 in funds from Energy Upgrade California and Contra Costa County to correct deficiencies, and make upgrades! Contractors participating in Energy Upgrade California are certified to assess the opportunities in your home.
By arranging for acomplete Assessment, using building science, we can test--not just guess--what will make our homes more comfortable, healthy and safe.
We can seal tight and ventilate right so that we control the airflow in our house and eliminate pollution and moisture. Testing can also find sources of carbon monoxide, equipment failures and improper ventilation that can be hazardous to our health.
Energy Upgrade California is a statewide program that brings together state and local governments with utilities to provide assistance in making upgrades to our homes. Participating Contractors are certified to assess and upgrade your home in accordance with this program. Contact a participating Energy Upgrade California contractor for an Assessment of the opportunities in your home: www.energyupgradeca.org.
Energy Upgrade California (www.energyupgradeca.org) – Receive up to $4,000 fromPG&E for making energy efficient improvements to your home by using alicensed participating contractor
Contra Costa County Rebates (www.energyupgradecc.org) – Receive up to $5,000 from ContraCosta County
California Homebuyer’s Fund (www.chfloan.org)– Receive an additional $1,250 and 3% financing over 15 years if your householdmakes less than $147,680