The election was a narrow win for Mother Nature, and now it’s time to raise our voices and demand action on the climate crisis. There is still much work to do to create a future of environmental justice and sustainability. Where do things now…
- Created by: Tyler Snortum-Phelps
From Cuba to Mexico and Puerto Rico to Peru, savor the flavors of Latin America at The Gardens at Heather Farm's annual gala fundraiser, Fiesta Nueva. The afternoon garden party takes place from 2 to 5 p.m., Sunday, May 6, on the beautiful, flower-filled grounds at The Gardens at Heather Farm in Walnut Creek.
Guests will enjoy a variety of Latin American-inspired appetizers, refreshing beverages, and live salsa music while celebrating spring and raising funds for The Gardens' nonprofit programs. Guests will feel as though they’re sipping margaritas in Cabo, savoring ceviche in Lima, trying tasty tostones in San Juan, grabbing some gaucho-style steak in Buenos Aires, and salsa dancing through the streets of Havana.
The afternoon will showcase
● A selection of delectable Latin-themed appetizers created by A LOVEABLE FEAST
● Live music by authentic salsa band, VISSION LATINA
● Craft beer from LOST COAST BREWING COMPANY as well as a selection of wine
● A chance to win raffle items and prizes, plus lots more fun ways to support The Gardens!
Tickets may be purchased online or by calling (925) 947-1678. Please, 21 and over only.
Proceeds from Fiesta Nueva allow The Gardens to bring natural and environmental science classes to local school children, support the maintenance of its free public garden, and promote the importance of nature to the community.