Sustainable Contra Costa is collaborating with Sports Basement to provide our community a discount on all online orders from August 23rd-29th. If you join Sports Basement's Basementeer program, you will get 10% off every item you purchase, and 10% of profits will also fund SCOCO programs.
More details about sustainable products and practices at Sports Basement:
Rental programs (i.e. bikes)
- All of our rental options can be found HERE. A full assortment of camping and bike gear is available. Monthly bike rentals are new to the line up!
Recycling programs (i.e. propane containers, tennis balls/shoes, crayons, bikes)
We are not currently accepting shoe, tennis ball, crayon or bike donations due to the COVID crisis
- Basementeers get free propane refills for life when you purchase a Flame King refillable propane canister. No need to buy a refilling kit or any propane, either - just bring us your empty canister and you'll leave with a new, pre-filled one. Not only are they budget-friendly, they're also eco-friendly! Since we've started the program:
• 32,000 canisters have been kept out of landfills
• 21,000 free refills have been filled
• $115,000 have been saved by our customers
Equipment made of recycled materials
- Our shoe buyer recommended Indosole sandals as a great sustainable option
- Our clothing buyer said prAna is at the top of the list
- Patagonia, Teva, TFN, Carve, and Viori are other great options.