The bilingual (Spanish/English) Virtual Event Facilitator (VEF) works with SCOCO and partner organizations to plan and implement virtual, online meetings for groups that may include Contra Costa youth and adults, members of the business community, elected officials, and administrative staff from government agencies.
Sustainable Contra Costa (SCOCO), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, educates, connects and inspires Contra Costa individuals and organizations to embrace a sustainable lifestyle. We are a community of citizens, educators, innovators, and organizations working together to create ecologically sustainable, economically vibrant, and socially just communities for all. Our work is based on the 10 principles of One Planet Living and we are committed to helping achieve the global Sustainable Development Goals through local actions in the greater Contra Costa region.
- Working with SCOCO staff and others, the VEF will play a lead role in organizing, promoting and conducting online, virtual meetings, which may have 50 or more attendees drawn from diverse communities throughout Contra Costa and other Bay Area counties.
- Prepare, edit and review presentation materials, including input from other sources and co-presenters; input may be PowerPoint files, video or other electronic formats, or content in non-digital formats that need to be converted.
- Edit, meld and sequence presentation materials to create final, Master Presentations that fit within the time scheduled for the event (typically 1-2 hours).
- Assist SCOCO staff and others to develop and conduct online promotional campaigns for scheduled events.
- Facilitate the online events, which may include welcoming attendees, introducing speakers, managing transitions between presenters, moderating Q&A sessions, monitoring participants and chat, and controlling time.
- Following each event, assist SCOCO in assembling materials and information needed to prepare summary reports.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience remotely facilitating and/or managing meetings on virtual platforms such as Zoom, MS Teams and similar
- Confident and enthusiastic demeanor with staff, community members and public officials
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively and independently
- Fluent Spanish language skills
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and effectively with individuals from diverse racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Bay Area sustainability and energy efficiency
- Experience using Google Suite (Google Docs, Gmail, Calendar, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Background working with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, etc.
- Comfortable and eager to learn new technology
- Must have reliable vehicle, clean driving record and proof of insurance in the event work-related travel is required throughout the greater East Bay. Work will be focused mainly in Walnut Creek and nearby areas.
- Travel is expected to be infrequent for the near term
Sustainable Contra Costa Offers
- This is a part time position; estimated time commitment through 2021 is approximately 25 hours per month
- Pay is hourly at $25.00 per hour
- Professional development opportunities including trainings, mentoring, and networking
- Flexible working environment focused on working from home
- Travel reimbursement is at standard government rate (currently $0.575/mile)
Send your resume and a cover letter to Doug Bleakly at Doug@sustainablecoco.org, with “Virtual Event Facilitator” as the subject. Please indicate in your cover letter why this position suits your skills, interests and experience. For more info, please check out our website: www.sustainablecoco.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!