Article written by Brooke Abess; Adapted from: From My Bowl
This vegan pumpkin bread is the perfect recipe for the colder months of the year and gets you into the autumn spirit! It is a perfect breakfast, snack, or way to finish off your Thanksgiving dinner. With a simple ingredient list and an even easier method to make it, this is a delicious recipe you will not want to skip!
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter or choice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease or line a 8”x4” bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds and water to create a flax “egg.” Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Mix together until combined and set aside.
- Add the flax egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, nut butter and lemon juice to a small bowl and mix until combined. Then, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well until there are no clumps.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan, then bake in the oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing, then enjoy!