Article written by Brooke Abess; Adapted from: From My Bowl
This vegan pumpkin bread is the perfect recipe for the colder months of the year and gets you into the autumn spirit! It is a perfect breakfast, snack, or way to finish off your Thanksgiving dinner. With a simple ingredient list and an even easier method to make it, this is a delicious recipe you will not want to skip!
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter or choice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease or line a 8”x4” bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds and water to create a flax “egg.” Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Mix together until combined and set aside.
- Add the flax egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, nut butter and lemon juice to a small bowl and mix until combined. Then, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well until there are no clumps.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan, then bake in the oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing, then enjoy!
This recipe and more can be found in SCOCO's Sustainable Leaders in Action newsletters. Check out our November edition here and sign up to receive future newsletters here!