ACCOUNTANT POSITION AT SUSTAINABLE CONTRA COSTA
Sustainable Contra Costa (SCOCO) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that educates, connects and inspires Contra Costa individuals and organizations to embrace a sustainable lifestyle. We are a community of citizens, educators, innovators, and organizations working together to create ecologically sustainable, economically vibrant, and socially just communities for all. Together, we help thousands of people each year learn to take steps that save water and energy, reduce waste, grow food, and build healthy, resilient communities.
SCOCO’s Accountant position is responsible for maintaining financial records, processing payroll, reporting financials for monthly and annual reports and filings, and other accounting and HR services.
● Submit bi-weekly payroll to online service and ensure all information is correct
● Track monthly accounts receivable/payable and reconcile with bank records monthly
● Assist with annual budget process and annual financial audit
● Assure that tax reporting requirements are being met
● Keep necessary records for compliance (filing)
● Prepare reports as necessary for board of directors and executive staff
● Keep CEO and Treasurer apprised of any discrepancies
● Coordinate with Program Administrator to on-board new employees/contractors
● Provide advice on issues related to human resources, third party insurance, etc.
● Work with staff and Board to ensure that all required financial filings with governmental entities take place in a timely manner. These filings include but are not necessarily limited to, annual filings for exempt organizations to federal and state agencies, and annual employment filings
Required Skills and Technical Expertise
● Familiarity with GAAP
● Payroll (processes through payroll company)
● Non-profit experience preferred
● QuickBooks proficient
● Google Suite (Google Docs, Gmail, Calendar, etc.)
● Microsoft Word and Excel
Sustainable Contra Costa Offers
● Working with a unique local environmental non-profit organization and with fun and dedicated team members who appreciate each other
● Connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in the expanding field of sustainability
● Improving outreach, financial management and communication skills
● Valuable job networking
● Flexible working environment including work from home
Pay is $200 per month for this position. The work typically takes 1.5 - 2 hours most months, 3-4 hours in busier months.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org