Sustainable Contra Costa announces the Seeds of Change Innovation Contest. This contest will showcase great ideas, fund innovative projects and recognize creative thinkers in our community.
We're looking for creative projects and innovative ideas that have the potential for broad use and wide impact. We're planting seeds for the future! Finalists will be invited to participate at the 2015 Leadership In Sustainability Awards Gala.
Eligibility Requirements ---
- Individuals and teams, all ages
- Non-profit community organizations (need not be 501c3)
- Schools, all levels
Note: The primary submitter must be a resident of Contra Costa County
Project Requirements ----
Your project or innovation must:
- Address some aspect of social, environmental and/or economic sustainability
- Be a new project that needs funds for start-up OR an existing project that needs funds to expand or replicate
- Be suitable for broad use or application AND replicable by others
- Creative application of technology
- Innovative approach to education
- Demonstration installation of a new product/solution
- Research, study or experiment
- Creative use of media to engage a target audience
- Impactful event, performance or art project
Subject: Seeds of Change Contest
- Name(s) and contact information
- Category of innovation
- Description of the project/idea and if new, how it will be developed
- Why this project/idea is innovative
- What impact and/or results will it have?
- Who will benefit?
- How will the funds be used?
- Discuss suitability and ease of replication
- List partners and/or supporting organizations
Gala Participation Required ----
- Five finalists will be invited to participate at the Awards Gala on September 23rd, 2015.
- ONE comp ticket to the gala will be provided for each finalist - additional tickets must be purchased.
- Participants will be given a table to use to display and promote their project.
- During the reception segment of the Gala, finalists will interact with attendees to pitch their project/idea.
- Attendees will vote for their favorite project/idea.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Contest Judging Panel to determine the finalists.
The Contest winner will be selected based on these criteria:
- Quality of the submission write-up (scored by the Judging Panel)
- Quality of the presentation/display at the Gala (scored by the SCOCO Board)
- Total votes received from Gala attendees
The winner will be announced during the awards segment of the Gala.
Our vision is to grow this contest - help us build the Contest Prize Fund! The bigger the fund, the better the ideas!
Good luck and have fun!!