Hi All

Just wanted to make sure that you saw the article in the Contra Costa Times from last Thursday on potential plastics bans in CCC. This was also presented on Channel 36 and I can forward that if you would like. Our agency is discussing the potential of banning bags and EPS foodware. Our Board meetings are a public forum for you to air your opinions on this topic and others. Our meetins are held monthly, the last Thursday of each month and the agenda can be accessed via our website at www.wastediversion.org. Take action and make a stand.

Lois

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a web link to the Channel 36 presentation that we can attach to this discussion?
The impact of these bans is far-reaching and such a "simple" solution to so many environmental problems. I hope it happens, and will be there to support it!
If anyone knows of specific Council or Board meetings where it would be appropriate to attend and support this issue, please post the information here. Thanks.
Here is a flyer with some information.
Attachments:
If there are residents who are interested in a plastic bag, or a single-use bag ban, could you please email me at laircmpr@yahoo.com. We need residents of all cities, and as many as possible, so please let us know!! Robin
As a resident of Concord, yes I am highly interested! loleigh@astound.net - Lois

Robin Bedell-Waite said:
If there are residents who are interested in a plastic bag, or a single-use bag ban, could you please email me at laircmpr@yahoo.com. We need residents of all cities, and as many as possible, so please let us know!! Robin
Contra Costa Climate leaders has a fact sheet targetted at Local elected officials and staff.
Very Educational! Let us know if you have any additional resources for us to add!
http://www.cccclimateleaders.org/text/plastic_bags.html
Feel Free to use this handout when you reach out to cities!
Attachments:
I'm pleased to report that three students from the Digital Safari Academy at Mt. Diablo High School will be interning with the CCC Solid Waste Authority starting in mid-June to develop an educational program for middle school students to encourage them and their parents to use reusable bags. The program will most likely include a video, an informational brochure/flyer and a custom-designed reusable bag. SWA expects to make this a quite visible program with the hope that it is replicated widely.

Thanks to out to Lois C. for making this happen! More details as the program evolves! Stay tuned.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by SCOCO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service