8095749079?profile=originalReady to create some new memories this holiday season while exploring the great outdoors? Check out East Bay Regional Park District’s calendar of activities and events for the month of December.   There are opportunities to do something creative, to help you learn something new, or to take you on an adventure.   Here’s just a small sample of upcoming activities and events through the East Bay Regional Park District:

Saturday, December 5th – Bay Area Amphibians

Walk through Briones Regional Park and see where salamanders, frogs, and toads live.  Located in Martinez, CA.

Saturday, December 12th – Poles: Basic Hiking Skills & Techniques

Learn hiking techniques using poles to “improve endurance, posture, balance, confidence, and strength.  Located in El Sobrante, CA.

Sunday, December 20th – Holiday Puppet Show

Watch a festive puppet show about Tilden Nature Area’s native creatures.  Located in Contra Costa County.

Tuesday, December 22nd – Solstice Kayaking

Explore the Delta wetlands on one of the highest tides and celebrate the shortest day of the year.  Located in Oakley, CA.

Saturday, December 26th – Ohlone Village Site Tour

Learn about the marsh habitat and Ohlone cultures past to present at the more than 2,000 year-old Ohlone Village Site.  Located in Fremont, CA.

East Bay Regional Park District hosts a variety of activities and events year-round.   Check out their complete calendar of activities and events at http://www.ebparks.org/activities. 

You need to be a member of SCOCO Network to add comments!

Join SCOCO Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Sheila, not sure what happened to your post but nobody has intentionally deleted anything recently. Where did you post it?

I agree about posting the pesticide signs, thanks for staying on top of this!

Tyler

• I love EBRPD - we are so lucky to have these amazing open spaces in our community.  I posted this information here a few days ago and was deleted - this is a public forum and I am sharing important information with the public so please do not delete my post!  EBRPD uses pesticides that are harmful to our families, pets, wildlife and drinking water.  They should be required to post signs like schools are legally required to do so we KNOW when we are in areas that have been treated.  We have the right to know when we are exposed to potential carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and products that are linked to a growing list of health problems.  Please visit www.pfse.net more information on this important topic or contact info@pfse.net!  

WALNUT CREEK RESIDENTS:  

Please sign this petition and join us at the Dec 14th, City of Walnut Creek meeting at 7PM to show support for weaning off pesticides. Let's work together to protect our families, pets, wildlife and our drinking water!

http://www.pfse.net/
This reply was deleted.