All Discussions Tagged 'waste' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Household Hazardous Waste: What to do with Cleaners and other Chemicals

Nail polish remover, paint, kerosene, window cleaner… Sometimes we buy cleaners and other chemicals, use them a couple of times, and then…

Started by Kerry Rivers

0 Feb 27

Our Community Rose to the Challenge with 9,415 Awe-inspiring Actions in May!

You did it! We are inspired and awed by our community for rising to the Community Resilience Challenge East Bay this May with 9,415 actions…

Started by Tina King Neuhausel

0 Jul 7, 2016

Reduce Waste: Go "Reusable" for 30 Days

Plastic produce bags, paper coffee cups, plastic straws - what do these have in common? They take energy and resources to produce, but on a…

Started by Kimberly Lam

0 Apr 30, 2016

Look Who's Taking Action: Plastic-Free Movements!

"I've been using reusable shopping bags for years, but I was still taking home small plastic produce bags and using straws when I order a…

Started by Kimberly Lam

0 Jan 5, 2016

Get Rid of Clutter & Start Making Smarter, Lesser Purchases

At this time of year, it is a tradition for many of us to make a resolution to improve some aspect of our lives for the better. Here's what…

Started by Ellen Greco

0 Jan 5, 2016

What the Fork? Produce Goes Uneaten Because it's Ugly

Almost half of all food grown and produced in the US is not eaten, becoming wasted food. We throw away over 25% of all produce before it e…

Started by Kimberly Lam

0 Dec 3, 2015

12 Holiday Upcycling Projects

Adorning your home with holiday themed decor is a fun way for many to celebrate the holiday season. Though there are plenty of beautiful de…

Started by Ellen Greco

0 Dec 2, 2015

Zero Waste Traveling Tips

Summer officially begins this month on the 21st, and many of us will be traveling this season. Although vacations are relaxing, traveling i…

Started by Ellen Greco

0 Jun 1, 2015

Wrapping up the 2015 Community Resilience Challenge

Did you pledge to grow food, save water, conserve energy, reduce your waste, or build community during the month of May? June has arrived,…

Started by Ellen Greco

0 Jun 1, 2015

Reduce Waste: Participate in a Litter Cleanup Event

Does it make you cringe to see a piece of trash tumbling down the street or floating in a creek?   Do you wish there was something you coul…

Started by Kerry Rivers

0 May 1, 2015

RSS

© 2017   Created by SCOCO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service