A free, self-guided tour of 40 Alameda and Contra Costa county gardens.
This delightful collection of native plant gardens ranges from Al Kyte’s 40-year-old wildlife oasis to brand new installations, from large lots in the hills to small front-yard gardens, from local native plants to natives from throughout California, and from gardens designed and installed by owners to those designed and installed by professionals.
• Passes to 40 gardens
• Garden Guide that provides details on each garden
• Garden talks scheduled throughout the day
Learn how to:
• Select and care for California native plants
• Attract butterflies, birds and bees to your garden
• Garden without pesticides (and protect your children and pets!)
• Lower your water bill